Joy and I (Tammy) are in full swing prepping for our next Gathering on November 10th and 11th. We’ve opened registration and can’t wait to see who is joining us!! Here are a few things you need to know:
- We have housing!! If you are coming from the suburbs or another state and don’t mind sleeping in a church camp retreat type setting (think bunk beds and sleeping bags), please stay the weekend. It is free, but donations are accepted. You can join the Jesus People community for breakfast on Saturday or pick up something at Everybody’s Coffee in the Wilson Abbey building. There is limited free overnight street parking or for $12 you can park in the hospital parking lot two blocks away.
- We have added a new workshop track: In addition to our faith and art tracks we now have a social justice track! One of our workshops will be on the history of homelessness in Chicago and the other one will be announced soon. Each track has two workshops, you can choose one track or mix them up!
- We have a pay what you can option. We don’t want financial stress to keep anyone away. On the registration page you will see that option, just enter what you can afford. There will also be scholarships available. If you have the means to pay for someone else in need, there is an option to give a scholarship.
- Our art workshops require a supply fee. We want to offer the most engaging, challenging, and creative workshops we can which means that a supply fee is necessary, and you will take something home to remind you of how the Lord met you at Deeply Rooted. Supply fee for each art workshop is $10, payable at registration online.
- We offer a homemade lunch with the staff and speakers!! We want to give you the opportunity to spend time getting to know us and meet the speakers. In order to make it cozy and intimate (and because the room is only so big) we have to limit the number of participants. The cost is $12 and you can pay online when you register.
For more information please check out our FAQ page.
If you have further questions, please fill out this form: